Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Blog Hacker: A Note from Mom




I decided to give Chop a break from the blog writing and take it over for a posting. I don’t claim to be nearly as good of a writer, so bear with me!

First, a BIG thank you to everyone for the congratulatory well wishes – please know that although I may not respond to all of the comments, emails, texts, voicemails, messages, that I am still extremely grateful. Everyone’s love and support has been amazing and overwhelming - I can’t begin to tell you how much I appreciate it! As soon as I resurface from these sleepless nights (in lets say 6 years!) I will be in touch.

Second, I wanted to call out what an amazing dad/husband Chop has been over the last 5 days (well, and before that too I guess :)!). It all started at the hospital when he kept us afloat through everything we had to deal with there since I wasn’t always top form – everything from making phone calls to spread the news, coordinating the Special Care Nursery visits, getting food, talking to doctors, etc. He was my rock through it all! And since returning home, he has only continued to do the same. His positive attitude and energy has kept me going – neither of us are getting much (if any) sleep, but he continues to master everything from diaper changes to formula bottling better than anyone. And, he started a blog during one of the craziest times in our lives!

I still have to pinch myself that we have two beautiful, healthy little babies. It has been the most difficult thing I have ever done, but by far the most rewarding. I can’t wait for what to see what things the future holds for us as a family!

Since Chop hasn’t had a chance to post a lot more photos, I am going to do a little chronological picture show below with photos from day 1 until now. Enjoy!






Just the 2 of us (well I guess it is technically 4!)    

Here we go!       


Our first family photo



Wombmates 
First visit in nursery after delivery
Dad & Oliver
Ready to go home
Our thought: Please don't cry or wake up until we get home!
Dad, Stella, & a bottle of Stella Artois
The BEST helpers. We would not be surviving with Grandpa & Grandma C!
Oliver in his pink one piece after crazy night 1
The dynamic duo

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Family...I love you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendra--
    I have loved reading the updates of the first few days on your blog! You will be so glad to have all of this documented so that you can go back and remember. The first several weeks are such a blur of feedings, diapers, and trying to get babies and parents a little sleep!! I am really excited to come and meet the sweet little ones soon! Best wishes to the whole family!!
    camie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful babies!!! I am so excited for you guys. You can tell Stella that we live in Stella Ridge.

    Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kruegers! The Jensen's would love to bring you dinner in the next couple weeks and come hold those babies to give you a break! Think of what you would like, whether homemade or take out, we will take care of it! Again, congratulations! You did good, those babies are soooo, beautiful! I think of you as I am out running in the AM...love from the Jensen's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew Chop had it in him, you guys are going to be fine!

    Thanks for all the pictures, the family is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete