Friday, October 15, 2010

Little Chopper

Chad or Chop? That is the question. Many of you know him by Chad, but most of you probably know him by Chop. In order to clear any confusion for those of you that know him by Chad, I thought I would do this post. 

The nickname Chop came about before he made his arrival into this world. The story goes that Chad's mom was pregnant with him and they were worried about possible complications. A friend of the family flew helicopters would check in on them and ask "How is my little chopper?". And so the nickname was born and is still carried on to this day.

I must admit when I met him I thought it was the strangest thing. I mean who has a name like Chop. So the first time I called to talk with him on the phone, I asked to speak with Chad. Well immediately his roommates/friends had something to say about this. I was told that if I didn't call him by Chop, I wasn't allowed to date him.  So I went with it. 

Still to this day it can be confusing to me. Of course I call him Chop around family and good friends, but there are many casual acquaintances, co-workers, etc. that know him by Chad. I always have to think who I am talking to before I go with one or the other! And trust me, I get strange looks when I call him Chop to someone who only knows him by Chad.

Now that we have a little boy, will he carry on the nickname? I doubt it. But Grandma Christensen LONG before the twins were born picked up this little pair of pants with hopes that someday she would be able to give them to us for a little baby boy to wear. Here is our new little Chopper! 

And there is no doubt that he charms his mom with this grin just like his dad does!

2 comments:

  1. That was truly a great story and what a awesome smile. I am smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freaking adorable! I cannot wait to meet them!

    ReplyDelete