Sunday, October 7, 2012

{ vote no }

With the elections just a month away, political ads and messages are everywhere. Chop loves politics and I tend to stay out of it. But the one exception this year is the marriage amendment, to which we feel very strongly to "vote no". It would affect several of our close friends and thousands more in the state. Who are we to deny a couple the right to marry just because of the gender of their mate?
My running group also showed our support a few weekends ago at the "Big Gay Race". Over 5,000 runners/walkers gathered at St. Anthony Main for a 5k, pledging to "Vote No". This is a near and dear amendment to our group as two of the women are a couple. They are no less in love or committed to each other, or their daughter. I look forward to the day that I can attend their legal marriage ceremony in the state of Minnesota.
At the end of the day, love is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment