Tuesday, January 22, 2013

{ two and a half }

Although the weekly, monthly, half yearly milestones don't seem to big as big of a deal as they get older, I figured a half birthday should still be recognized. Right?

After all, starting tomorrow Oliver and Stella will only get closer and closer to being THREE years old. Preschool, which we are currently trying to make a decision on, is right around the corner. Eck!
I'm trying to ignore all of the parents who say that it isn't the "terrible twos" but rather the "terrible threes"!

They are becoming quite the little people and developing lots of personality. Stella loves to find random things to put on and dress-up in. 
We can always count on her for funny comments. For example, at her Friday Morning Out program last week the teacher told her it was time to have her diaper changed. She turned and looked at her teacher and said "No, you don't change my diaper. I'm serious". All while pointing her index finger and waving it at her. This morning, Chop told her not to play with the fan and said "You don't play with the fan, that is only for mommy and daddy. You're not mommy or daddy, are you?". To which she replied "No, but I'm mommy's peanut".
She is also on a kick right now of wanting to know the names of all of her friend's moms and dads. Much to my surprise, she remembers and knows over a handful of them.

Oliver continues to be our lap child and if there is an open lap, he doesn't hesitate to make sure he takes the spot. He loves to look at books (particularly ones about firetrucks, trains, and trucks in general) but I'm not complaining about that!
 He also randomly shouts out "Go Gophers", "Ski U Mah", and "Boo Badgers". Chop is clearly trying his best to turn him into as big of a sports fan as he is.
They both continue to be finicky eaters and day to day I just never know what they will or won't eat. One day they love oatmeal and the next day they won't touch it. The other night I made a sweet potato vegetarian chili, which neither of them would touch with a ten foot pole. The next day I reheated leftovers for myself for lunch and alas, the two of them were fighting over who got the next bite from my bowl.
To get through the winter, we are signed up for gymnastics on Mondays, ECFE on Wednesdays, and Friday Morning Out on Fridays, and swim lessons on Saturday. Whew! Add all of those activities plus the bounce house jumping at home and you would think they would be taking awesome naps and sleeping past 6:00am. But, not so much on either of those :).

Gymnastics is a new class for us and so far, they are loving it! Especially the teacher Sasha, a male Russian gymnast. It is a fun parent/toddler class that has you run (literally) around from parachute games, to giant trampolines, to climbing on tumbling barrels, to jumping into foam pits, and swinging on ropes and trapeze swings. Worth the pricey price tag!
With the cold weather we've had this week (seriously, -8 for a high?!), we made a pit stop on the way home from gymnastics for hot chocolate and muffins. They were excited to tell daddy about their trip to the "coffee shop".
In other news, Chop and I are headed to Chicago this Friday-Sunday for our FIRST nights away together from Oliver and Stella. We both have individually been away overnight but never together or at the same time. Grandpa & Grandma C will be babysitting for the weekend and we know they will have a ton of fun and will be in great hands!

And check out these fun new running shoes that I just got! Cute flats no longer excite me but tennis shoes do. I must be a mom! This is a big switch in running shoes for me as they are moving towards a more minimal sole and should hopefully help me progress in becoming a mid foot striker instead of a heel striker. I won't bore you non-runners out there with what all of that means but I am just continuing to try to find a running form and shoes that will help alleviate the ankle and knee pain that has been around for the last 2+ years.
Three years, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment