Tuesday, April 2, 2013

{ one fish, two fish }

We are prepping for summer by trying to get Oliver and Stella more and more comfortable in the water. We took swim lessons last winter and enrolled again this winter. For the most recent session, we switched to the Blaisdell Y and have been thrilled with the teacher (aka "Teacher Heather").
Within the first lesson, she had both O and S swimming with her. And the best part: we don't have to get in the water!! Chop and I still put on our suits but we pretty much sit on the edge of the pool and spectate. The next level class will progress to us just sitting in the pool area.
They are becoming more independent in the water and are swimming with a "sandwich" belt and noodle under their arms. It has been fun to see how much they have improved in just 4 weeks!
And when these two fish are out of the water, they continue to enjoy ECFE in Miss Janet's class each week. A fellow parent took a few pictures at our class last week so I thought I would share.

No comments:

Post a Comment