Wednesday, June 11, 2014

{ school's out for summer }

Summer has officially arrived, marked by the weather and the school year coming to an end. Not sure yet how I feel about that second one. Actually I do know how I feel after having the first week of no school under my belt, I should have signed them up for more summer camps!

With that said, they were mighty happy about the last day of school.
For comparison purposes, here they are on their first and last day of preschool 2013-2014!
They had a nice little good-bye party at a local park where they said farewell to their teachers and classmates. We heard a lot about their friend Zoe and I'm sure we'll be seeing more of her this summer!
We've been taking full advantage of the sunshine and 80s and while waiting for the pools to open for the summer (don't get me started on my complaint that they should open earlier in the season!), we hit up some splash pads.
 Not to mention, staying out way too late for ice cream.
Which then leads to very tired kids who fall asleep in their antique doll crib.
We've also had some super fun play dates with family friends......while the dads were out having fun at bachelor party activities, we got the kids together to play and share parental duties for the afternoon.
We were also super excited to get invited to a private pool by twin friends. I mean seriously, how cute is this foursome?!




Oliver and Stella wasted no time in getting familiar with the diving board. Considering it was their first time ever on one, they showed no fear. They lasted 4 hours and probably would have stayed longer!


And last but not least, we hit up the new Bogart's Doughnuts this last week. Seriously, ah-mazing!!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like summer's off to a fun start! Stella and Oliver are adorable! That pool looks amazing… I see lane lines :) Where is it?!

    ReplyDelete