Monday, October 27, 2014

{ tick, tock }

The days, weeks, months are ticking by and my blogging consistency is seriously lacking. I think it's safe to say that when we hit the end of this year, I won't be doing this anymore. It's a time commitment that I'm just not committed to anymore! But, until then, I'm determined to document the last part of this year to complete four years of blog books to print.

Since my last post, we've had an animal visitor from Oliver and Stella's school. I think I mentioned it in a past post but each weekend a different student gets to take home the pre-k classroom pet puppy "Fluffy". One Friday last month, Oliver was the lucky name drawn! Part of the deal is that you take Fluffy along with you on adventures over the weekend, take pictures, and journal about it. So that's exactly what we did. He ended up at the park with us, getting ice cream at Sebastian Joe's, and visiting the school carnival and parade. They are both pretty excited that they get two weekends with Fluffy since Stella will get a turn as well.

At the end of September, I ran my first official 5k since hip surgeries. Woot! Women Run the Cities will always hold a special place in my heart as it was my last race in 2013 before hip surgeries and my first one back in 2014. It. Felt. Amazing. To be back out on the pavement. I didn't have intentions of "racing" but if you know me, that just doesn't work. I was nervous (yes, to run 3.1 miles) but had a lot of support there from friends who were also running the race. It was a gorgeous morning and I wanted to pinch myself while I was out on the course. I felt so blessed that my body was allowing me to run and the scenery along the Mississippi was beautiful. I ended up finishing in 24:03 - in the back of my head I wanted to finish in under 24 minutes but I'll take it!

Speaking of running, one of my FAVORITE fall mornings came and went the first weekend of October - Twin Cities Marathon! We headed out to the course to watch almost a dozen friends run the marathon. It was yet again a picture perfect morning with ideal conditions and temperatures. I was bursting with pride for everyone I knew out there - each year I watch, I am increasingly in awe of the runners. And Oliver and Stella had a great time shaking their cow bells in support!
Here's a little random goodness of pictures.


I was lucky enough to escape the cities and head north with 8 friends (and no kids.....or husbands!). We went to a friend's cabin at the north shore and had an amazing time hiking, cooking, drinking, and just sharing motherhood, life, and all that good stuff. Again, incredibly blessed by this opportunity and friendships!






No comments:

Post a Comment