Thursday, November 20, 2014

{ seventy years }

This November my dad turned 70 years old! This is a pretty big birthday so I wanted to do something extra special for a gift. And rather than spending money, it involved his friends, family, past coworkers, etc. sharing memories/stories/notes about him. I sent out an email about 6 weeks before his birthday and asked everyone to email or mail me their messages. My goal was to get 70 but I wasn't sure how realistic that was. But low and behold, after a few weeks and another reminder email they started steadily flowing in. I was thrilled!

I took each of them and put them individually into old retro envelopes and numbered them from 1-70. On the tag it said "seventy years of memories".
We had a lovely family dinner with everyone at our house (hello beef short ribs!) and gave him his gift. He was very surprised and had a fun time reading through all of the letters!


No comments:

Post a Comment