One of the reasons I love the midwest = fall. When I think of fall, I think of sweatshirts, football, pumpkins, colorful leaves, Halloween, soup. All good things in my book.
As Chop's co-workers know, one of my favorite things to do in the fall is bake with pumpkin. You see, I love to bake but hate having baked goods sitting in the house because I'm the only one that will eat them. So I usually bake treats and ship them off to work with Chop.
I thought I would share with you some of my favorite pumpkin recipes over the course of the next few weeks. First up, one of the best and easiest recipes using pumpkin. And when I say easy, I mean three ingredient easy.
You literally take the three things you see in the above picture, dump them in a bowl, and mix them with a spoon.
I traditionally turn them into cookies by plopping them onto a cookie sheet, but for fun I decided to turn them into mini muffins.
It was a success. Perfect little bite size treats.
This recipe is truly fool proof. No eggs means no worrying about under cooking them. And the pumpkin keeps them moist even if you over bake them a little. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 box spice cake mix
1 15 oz. can of pumpkin
2 cups chocolate chips
Mix together and drop by rounded spoonfuls on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 17-20 minutes.
The colors have also peaked in our area and we are already starting to see bare trees. I snapped a few pictures of some of the best trees in our neighborhood last week.
Unfortunately I don't think it will be too long until we will be seeing white stuff on them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Kendra:
ReplyDeleteThis is one of my favorite pumpkin recipes. A bit more complicated, but lower in fat (since Chop isn't helping you eat them). I use the whole can of pumpkin and sub vanilla yogurt for the pudding. Freeze the second loaf and you got an easy treat a month later.
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/chocolate-chip-pumpkin-bread-10000000833355/