Tuesday, October 4, 2011

{ toddler talk }

We have been so busy and mom never lets us have any computer time. But we finally took some time away from eating, pooping, playing with the toilet lid, sleeping, pulling wipes out of the container, and climbing on things we shouldn't to give all of our blog fans a little update.....O & S style.

We have a yard full of awesome toys but we prefer to just climb on the stairs. It really makes mom mad which is the best part.
But we just win her approval back by giving each other kisses. That gets lots of ohhhh's and ahhhh's.
We have perfected the giant slide in our backyard after only a week of having it.
Even though I am a pretty good walker now, accidents happen. Like this one.
I hardly cried though. I just gave the cement sidewalk the stink eye.
I can't do what Oliver did to my nose. I've been practicing my runway walk for modeling. I even talked dad into letting me wear these jeggings to show off my awesome legs.
Do you think they make my butt look too big?
This big, yellow, furry thing has been hanging out at our house. We call her dog but other people call her Maizy. She loves it when we bring her sticks.
Except sometimes.
Whoa! Nicey Maizy.

This last Saturday we went to the apple orchard with our friends Lena and Ayla.
I was super embarrassed because dad kept trying to hold my hand as we walked.
Not me. I headed right for the chickens.
And in case there was any doubt that we have grown in the last year, here is proof that we have.
We were super curious when it came to checking out the animals in the barn.
But I really hated the hay. It was weird.
I worked a little bit on my modeling while we were there.
Then we went and got lost in the giant corn maze. It took a financial analyst, math professor, and a web entrepreneur to get us out of there.
Our dad is really smart but not when it comes to using mom's fancy camera. I mean, even mom can't get half of her pictures to turn out so how is he supposed to? But look, some that he took actually turned out which means that in our baby book we will actually get to see pictures of our mom!
Then she was back behind the camera when we spotted these awesome orange things.
I was in the midst of trying to get mine over to the stroller to take home when all of the sudden, I spotted a TRUCK (or if you want to get technical, a tractor).
Truck, truck, truck, truck.

Then came the highlight of the whole day for both of us. We sat down for a snack and got to try doughnuts.
Can you say: best. snack. ever.
I was so happy that I kissed Lena.
And told her mom, Auntie Deborah, to tell my mom that she should let us have that white sugary stuff on our food at home. We always have to eat healthy. Lame.
 
The problem with eating too many mini doughnuts is that it makes my jeans too tight. And then it is hard to get up off the ground.
It was time to leave but mom and dad begged us to cooperate for just one family photo. All it took was a bribe of one more mini doughnut. We might only be 14 months old but we totally know how to get what we want.

No comments:

Post a Comment