As many of you know, our house has been on the market since March (in addition to having it on the market for a year in 2007). Like the last time, we have had little success and to this date no serious interest or offers.
I had heard of burying a Saint Joseph statute, commonly expressed as "the home Selling saint" in folklore. I had laughed it off before but desperate times call for desperate measures!
So, this week I set out to find myself a Saint Joseph statute. I came up short in finding a local store that someone mentioned sold them, only to return home that afternoon to find one in my mailbox. Strange? Yes! I looked at the enclosed sheet to find my brother's name listed in the billing address. I immediately emailed both Kyle and my sister in law, thanking whichever one of them was responsible for sending one to us. I got a reply back from Kyle saying the funny part was that Elizabeth had ordered it and he had no idea. In fact, he had one in his car that he had picked up for us as well. Great minds thinking alike!
I digress. The official burial was on Tuesday.
I followed the rules. In the front yard, near the for sale sign, upside down, facing the house.
For those of you interested in reading more about this there is an official website, complete with "St. Joseph Home Selling Kits".
And one final shameless plug.....here is the listing to pass along to friends who might be interested!
I'll be sure to keep you posted. Work your magic, Saint Joseph!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment