I realized one reason for my lack of blogging has been lack of pictures. My camera has sat on the counter for weeks. I find every time I use it I get frustrated because my skills still lack and pictures I snap don't turn out. And if they aren't blurry, then the lighting is off. And if the lighting is right, the color temperature is wrong. Still haven't found the time to take a photography class so I guess in the meantime you and I will just have to deal with my less than mediocre photography skills.
Getting back to life. To say the least, these toddlers are keeping us on their toes. Though they seem to be ending up on their heads.
Last week we had Stella knock her two lower teeth loose (climbing, standing and proceeding to fall off an ottoman), Oliver fall down a few stairs at home (I caught him), and Stella taking out Oliver on a set of stairs at REI in the play area. Picture me, alone, with two toddlers, who fall down 7 stairs landing at the bottom. It was ugly for all of us.
And when they aren't putting themselves in harms way, here is a little of what they are up to:
They read. Or in reality, they sit still at the library for a total of one minute and the rest of the time is spent trying to keep them in the children's area.
They are monkeys. Banana and all.
They "jump, jump, shake your booty" dance with their cousins.
They are all grown up. Miniskirts, furry boots, and cell phones.
They use spoons. Notice I didn't say successfully.
They love to help.
They have MANY expressions.
They love to do grown-up things. Like eat apples off the core with their six teeth. Still waiting on the other 14 to make their appearance.
They sport ridiculous Gopher gear on game days.
They giggle.
They copy each other. Example: Oliver's laying in the middle of the kitchen floor so I think I should too.They remind us everyday how lucky we are to have them in our life!
the lighting on oliver and chop is amazing - take a peek back at pictures you tried to take last year and give yourself some credit! :) Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDelete