Wednesday, December 7, 2011

{ snow much fun }

I will NOT take credit for the ridiculously cheesy title to this post. That is all Chop. But I was too lazy to come up with anything else so we are going with it.

We got the first "real" snow of the year overnight on Saturday. By Sunday it had tapered off enough and we decided to introduce O & S to the white stuff. We told them they better like it since they would have a close relationship with the stuff for the next 18+ years.

As every parent knows, 90% of the work is tied up in trying to get two toddlers bundled to get out of the house. At that point, we were sweating and exhausted and O & S looked like stuffed marshmallows.
Oliver quickly learned that snow gives way when stepped on. The fence had formed a 8 inch high pile and when we opened the gate, he paused.
Then lifted his leg as high as he could.
And then realized it probably wasn't that necessary.
They took their first sled ride.
And helped deliver a few Christmas cards to neighbors.
Oliver mostly preferred to stay close to dad and help shovel.
The snow and gear didn't slow Stella down. Give this girl open space and she will run.
We couldn't stop making Randy from the Christmas Story comparisons.
And in the end, I was the one who had to call it quits after about 20 minutes. Next time I will wear gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment