Sunday, January 22, 2012

{ brush with fame }

The closest I will probably ever come to fame is participating in the new YMCA ad campaign. In order to find the video link someday, I thought I should document it on the blog so I had someplace to find it.

The experience of participating was really fun but, no, I didn't receive any compensation or membership perks. I didn't think there was anyway I would get selected for the video, let alone to be the swimmer. In the "audition" (which was very American Idol like with a panel of "judges"), they asked a few questions about what I did when I went to the Y. I responded that I used the different fitness machines, went to spin and yoga classes, and swam. I was asked to do mountain pose and crunches on the balance ball.

The only mention of swimming was "Can you do the butterfly?". To which my response was a chuckle and "No". I actually told Chop there was no way I would get picked to swim since I figured they were weeding out the good swimmers from the bad swimmers. Anyone who said they could do the butterfly is a good swimmer. A week later, I got an email and was told where to be and when. For all they knew, I could have shown up only being able to doggie paddle!

The shoot took about an hour and a half. All for about a 5 second clip! Without further ado, here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment