(Although Oliver & Stella might be "cute as a button" this post has nothing to do with them.)
I had the privilege to co-host a baby shower for my friend Kristie a few weeks ago and you can probably guess the theme.......
Kristie, who I met while working at the MN Wild, and her husband Ben are expecting their first baby at the end of March. We shared many lunches and late night evenings at games while working together and have remained friends ever since. I was honored to be her personal attendant when she and Ben were married in July of 2010 but at that time, I was 36 weeks pregnant and unable to do much of anything. I managed to make it to the ceremony but that was the extent of my involvement that weekend. I really wanted to throw her an extra special shower since I wasn't able to be as involved at her wedding. Without further ado, onto the details!
Baby Altstatt's gender is unknown so everything had to be not too boyish but not too girlish. I stumbled across the perfect fabric for the invites and went with it.
And once I got going making a few things, I couldn't stop. I blame it all on Pinterest.
As they say, Oh Baby!
Kristie had a wonderful group of family and friends there to shower her with love and gifts for the little one.
Each of the guests was asked to sew a button onto a little onesie for Baby A. Grandma took the award for the best sewn button.
One of the highlights of any party - the food and drinks.
And of course sweets too.
Each guest was sent home with a little goodie bag with yet more treats!
Kristie is going to be an amazing mama and I can't wait to meet Baby Altstatt in just over a month!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment