The title of this post does not refer to my husband (sorry Chop!). Now I'm not saying that tools are foreign to him. He can use all the basic tools and maybe even more. But when it comes to really "building", not so much.
I tend to have all sorts of ideas of things to make but when it comes to execution, I turn to the pros. Meaning Grandpa Krueger and Grandpa Christensen.
You may have noticed in past posts that O & S are standing on this amazing platform called a "little helper". A friend of mine had one and I immediately wanted to get one for O & S. Until I saw the price tag - $200?!
I did a little research and found that there are actually plans online to make one. Since Grandpa Krueger is a pro woodworker, I sent him an email to see how difficult it would be to make it and what the material cost would be. Low and behold, I get an email two days later saying it is ready for pick-up. Wow!
O & S have enjoyed using it to help, or more accurately hinder, in kitchen tasks. Unfortunately for them we only have room for one in our kitchen and although it is big enough to share, they disagree. So we have temporarily put it in storage until they can prove that there won't be kicking, hitting or biting while in it!
We had another project when we did a mini overhaul of our basement room into a playroom. I had come across a lot of cute ideas to incorporate a tent into the room. This time I called Grandpa Christensen to pull together the materials needed. This is the super easy tutorial that he followed.
The side panels? Simply window panels.
And the front flaps are just fabric that I hemmed and staple gunned to the sides.
O & S also love to flop around on big cushy surfaces so I thought it would be fun to make some big floor pillows for the tent. I found some dog bed inserts on clearance at LL Bean and used coordinating fabric to sew covers for them.
The smiles prove that these three monkeys approve (sorry for the blurry photo - they wouldn't sit still long enough for me to get a clear one)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment