Sunday, August 5, 2012

{ birthday party buzz }

A few weeks ago we transformed our backyard into party central to host a joint birthday/house warming party. With it being a joint kid/adult party, we went with a neutral bee theme, asking guests to "buzz on over" for a birthday and beer bash. Although I spent considerably less time on this party than I have in the past and didn't execute a lot of the ideas that I had, I still had a great time planning it.

 
 
Guests were treated to food around the honey bee theme, including honey chex mix, honey wheat pretzels, sea salt honey butter popcorn, "stinger sticks" with honey yogurt dip, honey goat cheese, flavored honey sticks and, of course, Honeyweiss beer. 
 
Oh, and cupcakes. While they weren't honey flavored, the buttercream frosting was to die for (thank you Kowalski's!). 
 
We had a better than expected turnout and were blessed by the presence of friends from all different areas of life - high school friends, college friends, grad school friends, ECFE friends, "twin" friends. The weather was beautiful so the 30+ kids and who knows how many adults were able to run around and visit outside. 
 
I think O & S were a bit overwhelmed by all the people! 
 
The shyness went away late in the party when grandpa a certain someone started having a little fun with the tubs of ice and water. 
We have so much to be thankful for - two healthy two year olds and a beautiful home. A big thank you to all our friends and family that came out to celebrate with us!!

1 comment:

  1. looks fantastic and cute and fun, per usual! also, i'm enjoying the new collages... what are you using to make those? anything new i don't know about? :)

    ReplyDelete