Sunday, August 5, 2012

{ note from 2 two year olds }

Hey blog readers:

It's Oliver and Stella - we're back for a little two year round-up. Yup, that's right......we're TWO years old now! We have been for weeks but mom has been too lazy busy to publish this post for us. Seems like yesterday that we were wheeled down the hallway in our little isolettes after being born.
 
But this is what we look like now. Mom sewed us these shirts with a big number two on them in case we forget how old we are. Seriously mom?! Just don't expect us to wear one of these when we're 16.
 
S: At the risk of breaking any gender stereotypes in our house, at two years of age Oliver likes trucks and tractors and sleeps with his tractor book every night. I love my baby Piper. I'm also the talker of the two of us. I pretty much know everything there is to know. For example, when I wake up in the morning and daddy gets me from the crib, I say things like: "Mommy running......Ollie still sleeping, shhhhh........daddy shut the gate........Stella milk". I also like to dress up. Check this out.
 
O: Stella might be the talker but I'm the drinker. I often self serve myself milk by going in the fridge and grabbing my sippy cup. But sometimes I like to sneak a drink from daddy's bottle.
 
 S: At two years old, the best word that describes us is crazy. The other day, mom didn't pay attention to us for one minute and I emptied all of my drawers into the crib. I invited Oliver into my crib and we then proceeded to throw clothes at each other, out of the crib and wrestle each other. Since we did that though, we got big kid beds. They are totally overrated and we don't stay in them. Not that we stayed in our cribs either. But more on that in another post.
 
O: We also like to play chase. We run around the house through the kitchen, dining room and living room. One problem is that we don't understand that when we're running in opposite directions, at some point we will run into each other. It's a good thing I have the biggest head out of the two of us. I whimpered for a few minutes but didn't have any lasting marks. Stella wasn't so lucky. She recovered and managed to say "cheese" for this picture.
 
S: We love music and our current favorite songs are the "Alphabet Song" and "Shake Your Booty". This leads us to often say "more booty please". We are great dancers, especially Oliver who looks like an old man with his twinkle toes and arms in the air when he dances.
 
O: We're also slightly (okay, really) obsessed with anything that has buttons or that is electronic. Uncle Jeremy visited us for our birthday and he is suitcase was filled with some serious electronics. He can come babysit us anytime if he brings all of this again. I had mad skillz on the mixer.
 
S: When mom and dad asked me who's birthday it was, I would say "Ollie's birthday". I don't really understand yet that it is actually both of our birthdays. We loved the happy birthday song and I blew out all of my candles on the first try. Oliver, on the other hand, was a little confused by the little sticks with flames and required help in getting them blown out.
 
O: My confusion over the candles was made up for by my ability to eat my ice cream cone cupcake. No confusion there. Stella just licked a little bit of the frosting and then was "all done". THAT is lame.
 
S: As usual, we were spoiled with gifts. Matching scooters, building blocks, a fire truck, a crib and accessories for my baby Piper, play-doh, a fishing pole and the list goes on.
 
O: I should have gotten some wrestling gear for my birthday. I turned 2 and immediately decided that I am now a WWE wrestler. My favorite person to take down is my cousin Lydia. Or maybe that's just because she tolerates me jumping on her and pulling her down.
 
S: We had such a fun weekend celebrating our birthday. Among others, our favorite furry friend Maizy was even there to bark at us.
 
O: Hopefully we are still this cute when we turn 3 next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment