So far, the month of September has been filled with.......
Biking.
I will run in the cold weather but fully admit that I am a fair weather biker when it comes to road biking, as well as pulling O and S in the Burley. There is something about the cold air when you are going 18+ miles an hour that I don't care for!
Oliver and Stella attempt every so often to ride their Strider balance bikes. They are a little on the young side for them right now but hopefully the introduction this year will help them next summer.
School.
Well, not technically school for O and S but September has brought the return of scheduled activities during the week. It was great to have freedom in the summer but the routine and activities to look forward to is nice for all of us. We are signed up for classes on Monday and Wednesday mornings through Minneapolis Parks and Rec and we are once again doing Friday Morning Out. It is a win-win for everyone on Friday mornings.......I get 3 hours to myself and Oliver and Stella get to go to "class" and play for 3 hours. They love their teacher, Miss Jane, and there are several kids in their class from last year.
Crafting.
I have hunkered down and am determined to start working on and finishing (finishing being the key word there) some craft projects around the house. Chop headed to the lake with some guys two weekends ago so I was left flying solo here for the weekend. A few other friends came over on Friday night for a Pinterest craft night. We picked a project, shopped for supplies, stocked ourselves with snacks and a bottle of wine, and got to crafting.

This particular craft was a paper wreath made from book pages. It seemed simple and quick. It was only one of those two and we were far from finished after a few hours of working on it. After countless tearing out of book pages, hot glue sticks, and burned fingertips, the finished project looks like this. Well worth the effort in the end.Baking.
The cooler temps have made turning on the oven and firing up the mixer more appealing. Of course I have eager helpers in the house this fall.
iPhones.
This was my big "oops" last week. It was a good thing the new iPhone 5 was set to be released just 5 days later. Some scotch tape kept it together and working just long enough until I got my hands on the new phone. Like some, I didn't get in line at 2:00am and wait hours but instead walked into the Apple store at 4:30 in the afternoon and got one right away. We did have to wrangle and manage two wild two year olds in an Apple store. In case you were wondering, I might have taken the waiting in line alone :). I'm by no means a techie and have yet to even figure out how to use "Siri" but I am definitely enjoying the much nicer camera on the phone since that continues to be the handiest form of taking pictures.
Haircuts.
Stella got herself a new 'do last week. Mighty cute if I must say so myself.
Football.
Weekends are now filled with it......Gophers in person and Packers on the tv. Life is good for a certain someone in this house, especially with the Gophers being 4-0. This past weekend was the night game of the year and it was a beautiful, cool evening. A big thanks to G & G Christensen for babysitting so we could enjoy a few hours at the tailgate and the game!
We're also working hard to groom two Gopher fans in the house. Chop's proud dad moment last week occurred when Oliver, without being prompted, was running around in the living room and yelled "Go Gophers!".
Family.
A cute pic of all the cousins at Sunday brunch last weekend. I think it was the first time we had an official kid and adult table!
No comments:
Post a Comment