We spent this past Sunday morning bundled up along the Twin Cities Marathon course. It was an absolutely beautiful morning......cool, crisp, and dry (well, at least for anyone finishing in under 4 hours). I went for a short 5 mile run early in the morning and this was the scene at Lake Harriet. Absolutely breathtaking!
Guess that is why it has the reputation as the most beautiful urban fall marathon.
Just like last year, Oliver and Stella loved dishing out the high fives.
And the runners equally enjoyed them. I can't tell you how many runner's faces lit up when they saw them standing with their hands out. In fact, there were a few almost collisions when runners cut from the middle of the road over to where we were just to give them high fives.
We made a pit stop at Starbucks on the way home to warm up with some hot chocolate.
I'm pretty sure I said the same thing last year - I leave thinking I should sign up for a marathon. I just get SO inspired by the men and women out there accomplishing such a feat. I had truly hoped that 2014 might be my year for TC Marathon but with my first hip surgery coming up on October 24th and the other hip surgery on November 25th, I don't think I will be ready to go for it next fall. Big goals in 2015 though.....1/2 Ironman or marathon?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment