It's been a few weeks since I last blogged and for no reason other than there isn't anything exciting to report! But, for the sake of the blog book, I decided to update and post a few pics to recap the last few weeks around here.
One word that could sum them up: COLD. I'm convinced we are never going to have even average temperatures. Oh, what I would do for 20s and sunshine! Needless to say, our time outside has been very limited which makes for stir crazy toddlers and parents that are going equally crazy.
We've tried out a few activities to keep busy inside. Bowling at the local alley was a hit!
As was the Children's Museum for the new dinosaur exhibit.
While at home super hero dress-up, Olympic watching and baking are all a hit.
During the week Oliver and Stella usually, if not for the cold, go to school 3 mornings a week and weekly swim lessons are in full force. They have come a LONG ways this session and are doing awesome!
I wish the same could be said for Oliver's soccer playing (or lack thereof)!
I was able to spend some time outside last week when I headed to The Lodge (Grandpa & Grandma C are away in FL for the month) with my running group. We had an amazing time trekking through the snow in the woods and across the lake. I was lucky enough to partake as my PT ok'd it and my hips felt okay during and after (it did take a lot of reminding to use my glutes the entire time).
As always, I value the time spent with these wonderful women and feel incredibly blessed to be a part of the group!
Valentine's Day has been the highlight of this month to take our minds off of the cold. Oliver and Stella exchanged Valentine's with their classmates at preschool.
On Valentine's Day after a last minute play date cancellation, we loaded up and headed to the Mall of America to the Build a Bear Workshop. Grandma C had purchased discounts for Oliver and Stella to make their own stuffed animals at the store. Stella went with a giant My Little Pony and Oliver a blue dinosaur.
They got to pick a sound to put in the animals, help stuff them, and then "wash" them at the end.
And before leaving, we made birth certificates for Rocky and Sparky.
We're halfway through February......onward to March and warmer temps!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment