Tuesday, February 25, 2014

{ palm springs getaway }

I was lucky enough to have just spent 4 glorious days in Palm Springs, CA. It was absolute heaven! While MN is experiencing a unseasonably cold winter, the west coast is experiencing an unseasonably warm winter.

I traveled with two other moms and we headed out early Thursday morning just before the big snowstorm hit. We arrived in Palm Springs early enough to enjoy a beautiful day by the pool, even getting in a swim (though the pool was small so it was dizzying going back and forth!).
Did I mention how posh our hotel was? The Parker Le Meridien did not disappoint and goes down as one of the nicest boutique hotels I have ever stayed at.
Friday morning we got out of bed on the early side and drove out to Coachella Valley Preserve for a short hike. Beautiful sunshine and scenery!
The next two days and nights we spent doing much of the same......relaxing by the pool, getting cleaned up, heading out for dinner, and staying out way too late (haven't seen 3:00am and 4:00am on the clock since hmmmm, college?!).
While I was sad to say good-bye to Palm Springs to return to the frozen tundra, I was ready to get home to the three I love the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment