We had great weather on both Friday afternoon and Saturday for most of the day and we took full advantage of it. Mike is also a master skier and we decided to attempt to get all the kids up on skis. Eli, the oldest of the group at 8 years old, went first and was a rock star making it around the lake two times.
Then it was Stella's turn and she got cold feet as we were getting her set up on the ski trainer board. Oliver was still up for it so we got him ready to go instead. Mike was in the water to help guide them out.
It still requires them to stay standing and not let go. While this doesn't sound like a big deal, if you know four year olds you know that they don't always follow what you say. And of course you add a fast boat pulling you across water and you never know. Oliver let go the first two attempts but on the third (after me drilling the two requirements into his head) he did it!
While I was screaming with excitement from the dock, I watched as not only did he get up but he never let go and skied all the way around the lake!!
I was so dang proud of him and he was equally proud of himself. And just as I knew she would, Stella was right back in the water to make sure that he didn't show her up! And as I knew again, once she tried it she was up on the first try and around the lake she went.
Then it was the daddy's turn - the kids all decided to sit on the dock and cheer them on.
Oliver was also super sweet after Stella was out skiing - he was on the dock with our friend Marhya and she said he was yelling to her "I am SO proud of you Stella". So sweet!
They are already asking when the next time they get to go is!
No comments:
Post a Comment