I am super far behind on this blogging thing but kicking it off again with a back to school post - we have pre-k'ers in the house!
They were actually quite excited to be heading back to school and, of course, I was too.
I was a little worried how they would adjust to five morning vs. three mornings a week but it has actually been MUCH better. I think the consistency and routine of it being all the days helps them. Last year I heard a lot of "do we have school today" and groans if I said yes. This year it is just assumed there is and they go! About half the class was also in their preschool room last year so there is a lot of familiarity that carried over from last year. And their teachers are energetic and fun - they have a few live pets in the room, as well as a stuffed animal dog "Fluffy" who gets sent home with a different student each weekend.
I am soaking up the three hours each morning - nice to have a little "me" time. But I am already starting to get a little sad that next year it will be FULL days for them in kindergarten. Eck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment