A few months ago, on a whim, I decided to open up an Etsy shop! I've had people say here and there that I should open an Etsy store to sell some of the handmade goods that I have made as gifts. But it never really seemed feasible or like something I wanted to take on. In September, I thought "what the heck do I have to lose". So rather than researching it and thinking it all through, I just decided to click "open shop" and away I went!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/threadsdesign
It has ranged from fun to stressful to exciting to overwhelming but in general, I am happy with how things have gone so far. I also started a Facebook page (www.facebook.com/threadsdesignmn) for the business and most of my sales have been local through posts on there. Because of this, it has been difficult to keep stock on the Etsy site, meaning I don't have a big Etsy presence or sales. None of this is either good or bad and I think once the holidays are over, things will die down a little and I should have more time to build more stock.
Right now the "bread and butter" has been scarves, ranging from cotton to flannel. Specifically I have been doing patchwork infinity scarves by pairing several different fabrics and patching them together.
And kid's scarves too!
Other current items include keychain wristlets and necklaces.
I have lots of other ideas brewing for what other items could be added but there is a fine line between specializing in something and broadening the scope too much. A big thanks to everyone who has supported this little venture to date - we'll see what 2015 brings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment