Tuesday, December 30, 2014

{ toddler tennis }

I stumbled upon every parent's favorite thing - a FREE, Saturday sports program for kids. It is put on by the USTA and has helped us fill Saturday afternoons for a few hours. It has been the perfect activity for Stella to do while Oliver is at hockey. And she LOVES it!
She is also still loving gymnastics and after wrapping up the winter one session, she is moving up to the "big" gym. Ta-da!
And last but not least, dance is still ongoing. Parents were just treated to a "watch" class (the doors and windows are usually closed) - so cute!
Stella also learned an important life long lesson: don't stick your tongue to metal when it is cold outside.  We were getting ready for school one morning and it was sub zero temperatures outside. I was inside pulling together the last few things to head out the door to school and she and Oliver had headed out to get in the car. She decided to hang out on the back steps (not sure why, it was freezing cold outside!) and she was leaning/holding onto the metal handrail. For some reason she decided it would be a good idea to stick our tongue out and touch the handrail. Well, it stuck! I heard screams from her and ran out to find out with her tongue stuck and she was trying to pull it away. I threw all the school bags down and told her not to move or try to pull back. My instincts were to call the firefighters because that is who came to the rescue on "A Christmas Story". But I knew she would never last that long. So I went inside and grabbed a bowl, filled it with tap water, went back outside, and threw the water onto her tongue and the handrail. I prayed that it would release it and it did!! 

She was upset and had a very red, sore tongue. Oliver was equally upset as he wasn't quite sure what to make of the situation! She calmed down within a few minutes and we headed off to school. Didn't realize I needed to teach that lesson but I guess they know now!

No comments:

Post a Comment