I'm not sure what inspired me, but I got an itch to do a makeover of the blog. Just ask Chop.....it somewhat consumed every free moment of mine for days.
And the reason it consumed me is because I know next to nothing about computers, creating headers, or overhauling a blog. Thank goodness for internet tutorials and friends that do have the knowledge. My friend Jessica, who has a wonderful blog that can be found here, convinced me that editing and writing HTML code was not going to make my head spin. And that I wasn't going to blow up my computer by trying to edit a file in Photoshop.
It is always nice to have other's input on this kind of thing. So rather than turning to two one year olds, I would ask Chop what he thought of certain layouts, color, fonts. And after a few days this is how one conversation went:
Me: "Hey, can you come here and look at this?"
Chop (from the other room): "Huh?"
Me: "Come here and tell me which layout you like better."
Chop (still in the other room): "I like the first one."
Me: "But you didn't even look at them."
Chop: "It doesn't matter, I still like the first one."
So after some time and patience (sprinkled with a little bit of input from Chop), voila - this is what I ended up with!
But now that O & S are one year olds and the first year baby book is complete, it seems as though each month (and day) might not be such a milestone. Since the blog in the past year has mainly focused on them, we might switch it up every so often and add random tidbits from all areas of our life. Think crafting, restaurants/food, projects, running, Gophers, beer (Chop made me add those last two). But don't worry, I will probably continue to post a ridiculous amount of pictures and stuff about the twins.
And like most moms, I've got a long laundry list of other things I want to do: cook more (shouldn't be hard since once a week would be an improvement), volunteer, read, get back into shape, and the list goes on......and on. But at the top of the list is to learn how to use my camera and improve my photography skills. Hopefully with a little time and maybe a class or two, you will see improvement in the photos I post on the blog. Wish me luck, I've got my work cut out for me!
Oh, and hang tight for some other posts coming soon......I've got A LOT of catching up to do from the birthday weekend festivities. Think first year photos, birthday party, and baptism!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment