Friday, March 9, 2012

{ sleepless in minneapolis }

Yesterday was anything but a normal day. Our days usually do start early and by that I mean with the clock starting with a 5. But today it started with a 4. No rocking, bringing into bed, or anything would get S back to sleep. And with a shared room, O was up as well.

With no classes or other morning plans, I had to pull out all the stops to keep them distracted. Usually a quick outing to Target does the trick but after a disastrous trip there on Tuesday morning, I wasn't up for anything out in public.

I first gave them free reign in the kitchen with helping make cookies, technically Carrot Cake Chippers. Moms out there, if you are looking for semi-healthy cookies, this one is great. No sugar, butter or eggs. Recipe found here (thank you Pinterest).
And yes, Stella is wearing winter boots and Oliver has on one shoe. Don't ask.
The ordeal might have created a little mess, but it filled about 20 minutes of our morning.
This is how it ended. It's a good thing flour is cheap.

On to the next activity.......no one ever said bath time was just for nights, right? They were confused at first.
But quickly realized there was fun to be had.
Yum, bath water.
They both got a little crazy.
And then Stella resorted to her favorite activity. Dumping water over Oliver's head.
Poor O.
And then things really got out of hand and this is how it ended.
If it weren't for lunchtime, I may have resorted to buying them a new pony next.

I found out today that we maybe they had too much fun yesterday, as we were greeted with a 4:44am wake up for the day. Thankfully we had a scheduled morning activity to keep them busy!

And thank goodness it is the weekend! Do you think they'll get the memo to sleep in? At least past 5:30? Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment