It seems like it's been a busy few weeks around here. Weekdays seem to go quickly with preschool, soccer, ballet, and play dates.
And weekends have been filled with various activities. Last weekend Stella and Oliver were treated to mornings apart. Chop decided to take Oliver with him to the Gopher football game, along with friends Mike and Thad.
So Stella and I had a mommy/daughter morning out with some friends. The girls (Stella, Lena and Willa) were thrilled to spend a morning without their respective siblings. We went to the farmer's market, walked across the Stone Arch Bridge, stopped for a cup of hot chocolate and did a little shopping. Aren't the three of them cute together?!
I spent a few hours last Sunday morning with the Solejourner running group at Women Run the Cities 10 mile/5k race. Most did the 10 miler but a few of us did the 5k. I hadn't planned to "race" it but the adrenaline got the best of me and I placed second in my age group. We followed up the chilly, early morning with a delicious potluck brunch. Always a fun morning with these ladies!
I also got to spent last Tuesday night with a few of the Solejourners when we made the trek to the pizza farm in Stockholm, WI. It has been about 4 years since I have been there and I've always wanted to go back. I happened to mention it to someone from the group and they were all about wanting to go. So a small group of us jumped on it and we went. It was just as amazing as I remembered and not much has changed. You bring your own everything (and take it away) except for the pizza. It was a beautiful fall night to spend on the farm!
I have to share this because I think it is just too funny. Here is a side by side comparison of "artwork" that Stella and Oliver brought home from school. Again, not breaking any gender stereotypes here!
And a pic from a random trip to Freestyle Yogurt to help get through an afternoon when I had them skip naps (just so they would go to bed "on time" before babysitter got here)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment