Thursday, January 23, 2014

{ winter blues }

It's only mid-January and it already seems like this winter has gone on for a year! In between the crazy cold temperatures we get a day or so of decent temperatures that allow us to get outside. Last week when we ventured out to trek down by the creek. It got chilly by the time we got home and I said "Hurry guys, my hands are so cold they feel like icicles". To which Oliver exclaimed "Yeah, mine feel like popsicles".
Of course we needed hot chocolate when we got back inside.
Since we can't be outside much, we are keeping busy with indoor activities. Puzzles, puzzles, and more puzzles are the favorite around here these days.
Swim lessons are in full swing and Oliver is convinced that if he keeps going to lessons, he will be ready to jump off the boat at the Lodge alone this summer.....sans life jacket. 
This last weekend we had the most amazing, warm winter day. Finally! We trekked to a hill in Minneapolis for some sledding fun.
Oliver and Stella had a blast and were little daredevils.

I'm fairly certain though that Chop had equally as much fun! And a decent workout trekking up and down the hill with them.
I continue to swim for my workouts and am (mostly) enjoying it! My arms are now getting used to doing all of the work and I think I'm almost faster with a buoy than with kicking. I've built up to a continuous mile in the pool and can't wait to be able to do that on two feet running!
It was back to frigid temperatures today and school was cancelled again! Every mom in Minneapolis is starting to go crazy. And so are the kids that are stuck at home and inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment