I had started this post on "May Day" but never got around to
finishing so here we are two weeks later! We did celebrate May 1st with
the delivery of May Day baskets. We kept it classy this year with red
solo cups and pipe cleaner handles. The kids enjoyed them nonetheless.
I
snuck away the first weekend of May for one night with these lovely
ladies to the North Shore. We did a whole lot of sitting around,
relaxing, talking, eating and wine drinking. I'm always in awe of the
beauty of Lake Superior.
I
finally completed a goal I've had for a LONG time. To sew a garment of
clothing for Stella. It is a very basic pillowcase dress but I'm still
pretty proud of tackling it and hope to leads to more!
A rare glimpse of the two of them getting along and quietly reading to one another. What?!
They are usually up to monkey business like climbing as high as the sky.
I
headed up to the Lodge with Oliver and Stella last weekend while Chop
went on a fishing trip with his family. It was a nice change of scenery
and although the weather wasn't great, we managed to get outside a bit
to make the most of it.
Oliver
and Stella also had their first night of sharing a room in two years.
We've always managed to keep them seperated when traveling since they
stopped sharing a room in our old house. Chop and I typically sleep with
one of them in seperate rooms since they both tend to get up so early
and we don't want it to be even earlier. But neither of them wanted to
sleep in a room alone at the Lodge and since there was only one of me, I
said we could all share a room. There were three beds in the room; a
queen bed for me and a twin bed for each of them. Long story but after
putting them to bed I was in and out of the room a few times telling
them to quiet down and go to sleep. I listened outside the door as they
talked about being lonely, it was too dark, etc. I heard rustling
around and went in to find them both in the queen bed. They insisted on
it so I let them be. We all slept through the night and had a fairly
normal 6:00am wake-up. As cute as it is, I'm still happy we don't have
them sharing a room at home though!
We came back home on Saturday and Chop was still gone on Mother's Day morning. But this was all I needed.
And
who needs breakfast in bed or brunch when you can go swimming with two
kids and then head to Target for grocery shopping?! I think I was one of
the only moms in the store. It was a ghost town compared to most
Sundays and the shoppers that were there, were dads with kids.
May
15th marked our TEN year anniversary. Man, that makes me feel old. Or
we got married really young. A little of each I think.
We celebrated with a lovely dinner at Cafe Lurcat. Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment