And I actually got them to agree on a cute theme - fairies & pirates (I have to thank the Disney movie Pirate Fairies for that one!). I really wanted to do a lot more crafting and creating for the party than I did but I forced myself to hold back for the sake of time and money. I did find that it was super cheap to make tutus, fairy wands, and eye patches. And then lucked out in finding inexpensive pirate hats and fairy wings. It not only served as great decor/attire for the party but also as a take home for each of the party goers!
And thanks, as usual, to Pinterest for some fun activity ideas. A favorite: "walking the plank"!
And then onto painting fairy houses and coloring pirate masks. To say I was nervous about having 12 crafting toddlers was an understatement. But they actually did great and all participated!
And then I became storyteller and gave a lame talk about pirate treasure and fairy feathers being taken and hidden around the park.
They all fell for it and were off on the hunt! (where I neglected to take any photos)
And last, but certainly not least to them, cake time!
Oh, and did I mention that it was a drop off party? Now that was the scariest part but we all survived. And seriously, is there anything cuter than this?!
Of course I couldn't get the birthday boy to sit still for any pictures. And of course I could get the birthday girl to.
After some serious bribes I got him to agree to this. Totally worth the bribe.
No comments:
Post a Comment