Whoop - I got to race this summer! Not quite the experience of last summer but I'll take it. The Solejourner running group once again formed relay teams for the Annandale Heart of the Lakes Tri. Back in Jnauary I was signed up to be the swimmer/biker for a team but as the race drew closer, it became clear I (er, my body) wasn't quite ready for it.
And I'm so glad I picked the bike as my "one" leg of the relay. I had an absolute blast on the road racing! I kept thinking "I actually used to swim before and run after" while on the bike. It was fun to be able to push myself on open roads where I didn't have to stop for traffic or stop signs. I was thrilled with averaging just over 20 mph and we went into the bike in 8th place and after I finished and we headed into the run we were in 3rd. Go team!
The whole group (which is much smaller than normal due to a lot of injuries) had a fun morning and I just keep thanking my lucky stars that I am a part of this group of strong, supportive, bad a$# women!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment