Saturday, December 28, 2013

{ christmas miracle }

We had a Christmas miracle of our own on Christmas day! To anyone without kids or if you don't want to hear poop talk, stop reading now.

I figured for documentation purposes that I needed to write this post. Both O and S have been "pee trained" since last April but have continued to ask for a diaper to poop in. Wouldn't go anywhere near the toilet to do the deed. We tried a few different things and were starting to get nervous as our pediatrician said as they got closer to 4 years old, it would be a struggle to break the diaper habit.

On Christmas day while at Aunt Sharon's house, Stella decided it was time. Why pick the comfort of your own home when you can poop at someone else's house when there are 40 people present?! I think it was the perfect combination of her really having to go and she was too embarassed to ask me to put a diaper on in front of everyone. She came to me and said "mommy what do I get? I just went poop on the potty". I didn't believe her and went to the bathroom in hopes that she hadn't flushed the evidence but someone was already using it after her. Thankfully, Aunt Sheri confirmed that she had indeed gone! She got A LOT of praise and ice cream on the spot.
We headed back to Grandpa and Grandmas still not believing that she had actually gone on the potty. and hoping that Oliver would be confident enough to follow in her footsteps. As we were getting ready to put them in the bath he requested a diaper to go poop. We convinced him to try on the potty and had Stella tell him how easy it was. And sure enough, he did it!

We're still holding our breath that this is the real deal and that they will continue to but at least it is a huge step in the right direction. Who knew that poop would be such a hot topic.....I think this means we can officially say that they are potty trained!?

Update: I wrote this and didn't publish right away. Since then we have taken 3 steps forward and 2 steps back with Oliver. Seems he might think it is more fun to go in his underwear. Oy.......

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear this and saddened by the last line! But Merry Christmas to you with the progress! Your two make me smile.

    ReplyDelete